Women at the Top of Government Contracting
Did you know?
- 21 of the Fortune 500 CEOS are women.
- Women hold just 16.5% of other key roles (like CFO or COO) at Fortune 500 companies.
- Women hold only 14% of executive officer positions.
- Women hold 16% of board seats.
Source: Business Insider
The lack of women in top corporate roles continues to make news headlines. Yet, more than ever, women in executive level positions continue to grow within the government contracting sector.
Join the Northern Virginia Chamber for the annual Women in Government Contracting program focused on successful women in the region’s most influential industry.
Attendees will gain insight into how these accomplished women have overcome barriers and achieved success in an historically male dominated industry. These high-level executives will also provide their unique perspectives on the outlooks for some of the top government contractors in the DC Area, the nation, and the sector as a whole.
- Insights into the role of mentorship
- Executive leadership
- The balance between personal and professional success
- The initiative needed to gain a seat at the table
- The growing importance of diversity in the workplace
Panelists will be announced soon!